Yesterday I went out to breakfast for lunch (my favorite thing to do) with Alpha Man. As we were leaving, I slowed and stared at the huge bowl of candy at the hostess area. I heard Alpha Man laugh beneath his breath and then, outside, this conversation took place.
AM: Take a cold shower, honey.
Me: What are you talking about?
AM: You were staring at that guy…
Me: What guy?
AM: The one that looks like he’d fit right in on your Facebook page.
Me: There was a hot guy and I missed him?
AM: What were you looking at?
Me: The Kitkat bars in that bowl!
Alpha Man about busted a gut laughing. I’m still bummed I missed the hot guy. And how sad is it that my eyes honed in on the candy over said hot guy in the first place?????
First of all, we’ve had a lot of men in trees here, working on fire prevention. It’s been a lovely writing view for weeks. But I didn’t feel right sharing a pic of them without permission, so instead I found one on the internet. 🙂 I’m posting here rather than on Facebook so they can’t ground me from my account for being inappropriate again. 😈 Anyway, today’s writing inspiration:
Lucas from Hot Winter Nights… 🙂
You are welcome…
This is very important now. Serious stuff.
Are you ready?
I need to know … what’s your Secret Must Watch TV? Go ahead, let it out. You’ll feel better, and there’s no TV shaming here. 🙂 I’ll even go first. I’ve been watching — remember, no judging — Bachelor In Paradise. I’ve been marathoning it and whenever anyone walks by, I hide it behind my manuscript. Not that I’m ashamed of it! Nope, I just am on a deadline, you see, and therefore no doing laundry or cooking. My family has stepped up to handle the house. And it would be a damn shame if they thought I was past the hump and no longer needed their help. 🙂
Here we have Satan– er, Sadie, lording it over the dog’s water bowl. And we have Yoda (aka Dumbass) wanting some water but unwilling to go within claw’s reach. Satan will sit there until the dog is literally sobbing, begging her to move. She will then casually yawn and stretch and walk away, swinging her tail, head high…
Caption this and one of you will win my upcoming Hot Winter Nights!
So today’s happy hump day pic is also today’s writing inspiration…
Cuz he is definitely going in my next book. What’s your favorite hero lately, inquiring minds wanna know. Also, I’ll draw three random commenters, who will win my upcoming Hot Winter Nights!
So would you like to see your pet in one of my books…?
1. Preorder Hot Winter Nights.
2. Go here and fill out the form.
There. You’re done! 🙂 Can’t wait to see who’s pet ends up in one of my books!!!!!
Hot Winter Nights
Ordering Links |
all about Heartbreaker Bay Series
So there was an incident. Frat Boy did something he shouldn’t have. He ate an entire bag of chips that he had to get into the cabinet to get at.
He is deeply sorry. Sorry he was caught. Caption this pic for a chance for an advanced reading copy of HOT WINTER NIGHTS!
Working my way towards a 9/1 deadline, which basically means that I’m super duper stressed. But searching for today’s writing inspiration was the most fun I’ve had all week… 🙂
This guy is going in my next book. Not the book I’m writing, because that book might go in the trash. I’m kidding! Mostly…
What do you all do when work stress, or any stress, gets you? My current solution is to rummage through the cereal shelf and eat my weight in Captain Crunch. You?
So … I was working on the patio and suddenly realized I was being swarmed by bees. And let’s just say I didn’t realize this calmly.
Or even kind of calmly.
I went screaming and running, including tossing my laptop and printed manuscript. My chair tipped over and it turns out there was a very good reason the bees were pissed off.
I was sitting on their house. Literally.
I’m still doing the bee dance, by the way…
I often get asked why I put animals in my romance novels. Especially dogs. They make great companions for one thing. They add fun and humor and undeniable heart. Plus they’re the ultimate confidant and then there’s the biggest reason – they give unconditional love. Here’s my Top Five reasons why dogs make great sidekicks.
1. Because when you’re on the mountain trail and you come across an angry mama bear and her baby cubs, your dog will run like hell. This will warn you to run like hell as well. Just be careful because if your dog is like my dog, he will throw you under the bus (or in this case bear) to get home before you do.
2. Because when all the cookies are gone you can totally blame your cookie loving dog. No one has to know that you ate all the cookies yourself. And your dog can give you dirty looks for blaming him but he can’t actually talk and dispute your story. Solid alibi.
3. Because if you’ve eaten in a way that disagrees with your stomach, there are never any worries. Your dog will always, ALWAYS, out stink you. And if he doesn’t, you can still point the finger at him. Again, he can’t talk and dispute your story.
4. Dogs are not just great sidekicks but they also make great a really great wingman. If you’re single, you can totally put your dog to work at charming the person you’re interested in. Just make sure that person likes dog drool and dog hair all over everything first.
5. There is never a need for a pillow or extra blanket because your dog will always be willing to get into bed with you and share body heat. Always. Just be forewarned. Being a great sidekick is not the same thing as a good bed partner. They have a habit of being a total bed hog.
Here’s Gertie from RAINY DAY FRIENDS… 🙂
Rainy Day Friends
Excerpt | Ordering Links | all about Wildstone Series