Welcome to my daily blog. If this is your first time, I'm a romance writer and a misplaced city girl currently living in the wild Sierras. I tend to have a lot of I-Love-Lucy moments that I share here but sometimes we talk about books, TV, and our favorite cookies. Okay, my favorite cookies. In any case, please feel free to comment by clicking on the Comments at the bottom of any entry. If you're too shy, that's okay, just know I love having you.
November 22, 2013
Update: winners, randomly drawn are: Linda Chilson and Amy Pope. Email me with a few books choices, and your addy!!
Five Things I Would Do If I Could Visit Lucky Harbor:
1. Attempt to win hot, sexy sheriff Sawyer Thompson away from Chloe– er, go visit Sawyer and Chloe and congratulate them on their wedding. (HEAD OVER HEELS)
2. Steal– er, BORROW Jax’s motorcycle and take it for a joy ride up into the Olympic Mountains, speeding until hot, sexy sheriff Sawyer Thompson is forced to pull me over, handcuff me and take me in. (SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE)
3. See if hot ex-Navy SEAL Ty Garrison is up for showing me how to hot wire a car… (LUCKY IN LOVE)
4. Go see sexy ER Dr. Josh Scott pronto for this terrible sore throat I seem to have developed…
5. Bake cookies and set off the fire alarm, forcing sexy firefighter Jack Harper to come over with his entire squad. (ALWAYS ON MY MIND)
You? What would you do if you could visit Lucky Harbor? I’ll be drawing two names from today’s comments, winners will get their choice from my backlist!
November 21, 2013
Update: Winners, randomly drawn are: Melissa, Tina R., Shelly Rogers, Melinda Zedekar, and Cindy A. Email me with your addys!
Hey, so I’m sitting on my bed staring into my closet trying to figure out what I might pack to wear to do a signing in two weeks with one of my long-time idols, someone you might have heard of — NORA FREAKING ROBERTS.
Oh sorry, did I yell that?
Yes, I get to go to a signing at Nora’s bookstore In Boonsboro, Maryland. Which, even as a crow flies, is just about as far away from Lake Tahoe as you can get and still be in the same country. ANYWAY, if you live anywhere near Boonsboro and are around on 12/7, PLEASE COME SEE ME! Here’s the details…
If you can’t come, I’ll take lots of pics, so no worries. I’ll report back on all I Love Lucy happenings, and you know there will be plenty.
As for today’s news, this year’s Lucky Harbor’s Christmas novella is in a collection called A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER. Now I want you all to sit down. This is an ebook collection only, but I have good news. First, it’s only $1.99, and second, it’s short. So if you wanted, you could read it on your computer without an ereader. Second, it will eventually come out in print, for next year. I know, I know, it sucks, but I swear it’s all my publisher’s doing. And because they know that there are many of you still reading in print only, they’ve given me five print copies to give away. All you have to do is comment here today, with commiseration on me not having anything to wear to visit La Nora, or what you think of the holiday novella. I’ll pick FIVE OF YOU, who will get print copies of the 12/3 e-novella in print. We all okay? Still love each other? Yay!
November 20, 2013
So I’ve had to start doing some physical therapy for my back, and one of the things I’m expected to do is strengthen my core. Hey, I’ve worked hard for this slacker “core”, okay? Hello, I’ve had THREE kids. And a lot of cookies.
Anyway, my PT suggested I put up some pics for inspiration to look at when I do the stupid situps.
Best. Idea. Ever.
Finally. I’m feeling a little motivated… How about you?
November 19, 2013
Jingles Bells in a whole new light… thanks to dear friend Laura for this one.
And it just occurred to me that the holidays are bearing down upon me. How did this happen? No, I mean SERIOUSLY, how did this happen? I mean it was summer, and I blinked…
Have you started holidays preparations? Oh man, please say no. Please say I’m not alone! Yes? No? Maybe?
November 18, 2013
UPDATE: Winner, randomly drawn, is Mona K!! Mona, email me with your info!
Carly Phillips is stopping by today to celebrate her new book, DARE TO LOVE, and she brings a giveaway! Comment below and check back tonight, she’s giving away a $10 Gift card to Amazon/BN/iTunes — winner’s choice — and a Dare to Love mug!
Thank you Jill for letting me walk on hallowed ground. Seriously. Like your readers, I think your blog rocks. (Along with your sense of humor, taste in hot men, and your books!). I thought it would be fun to point out the things Jill and I have in common – because when I thought about it, it was a lot!
1. We both wrote for Harlequin Temptation.
2. We both wrote for Harlequin Blaze.
3. We both have daughters. Jill has more, I have two – a 21 year old and a 17 year old. But that means we both know a lot about drama and hormones … and the joys of having girls.
3. We both love dogs. Seriously, if you don’t already know me or follow me, I’m a crazy dog lady. I only have 2 (a mutant Havanese boy who weighs 19 pounds and an anxiety ridden wheaten terrier girl). But I can’t live without my babies.
4. We’re both nuts. Sorry, Jill but it’s true. We have girls. Enough said
5. We both love cookies. Okay who doesn’t love cookies? But still, I can say this one with a straight face. My favorite are Oreos but they give me a headache so I settle for chocolate chips.
6. We’ve both been given online timeouts – Jill from Facebook, me from Twitter. Of course Jill’s was more fun. She posted a pic of baby buns and got banned. I talked too much, sent too many tweets in a certain span of time and they put me in Twitter jail. Hers was more fun.
7. We both write small towns. I have my Serendipity series with Berkley wrapping up this February with PERFECT TOGETHER. Sam Marsden gets his happily ever after, but not without lots of … drama … and sex.
8. We both love hot guys … well duh. Sorry. It’s getting harder to fill out this list.
9. I love “I Love Lucy” and Jill’s I Love Lucy Moments. Sorry. Can’t say I have as many as her, but my kids do have a nickname for me that I can’t say aloud. And it has to do with my dunce-like moments.
10. OK this one’s all about me. I have a new book out that Jill was gracious enough to let me pimp here today.
BUY LINKS – www.carlyphillips.com
DARE TO LOVE teaser:
Because she was with his half brother, Ian hadn’t planned on approaching her, but the minute he’d caught sight of her alone at the bar, he’d gone after her, compelled by a force beyond his understanding. Finding out she and Alex were just friends had made his night because she’d provide a perfect distraction to the pain that followed him whenever his father’s other family was near.
(make sure to leave a comment to be in the running for the gift card!)
November 15, 2013
No. Not quite. But it didn’t stop Youngest and Middle from getting their gear from the local ski swap.
And this is about the time of year where we pull out the iron. It’s our ski waxer. One time, years and years ago now, I actually used the iron for clothes and the girls were horrified that I was using the ski waxer to take wrinkles out of clothes…
Anyway, now we wait for winter to show up. And we all know Mother Nature can’t be rushed or told what to do! That’s okay, fall is my favorite season. I love the colors here.
What’s your favorite season and why?
Get news and book release info delivered to your inbox!
For all your editing needs:
* Content Editing
* Proof Reading
- Feb. 11 - ONCE UPON A TIME
- Jul. 1 - THEN CAME YOU
- Aug. 1 - IT'S IN HIS KISS
- Sep. 1 - HE'S SO FINE
- Oct. 1 - ONE IN A MILLION (301 days)
What Others are Saying
“Heartwarming and sexy . . . an abundance of chemistry, smoldering romance, and hilarious antics.”
- Publishers Weekly
“Engaging writing, characters that walk straight into your heart, touching, hilarious...”
- Library Journal
“A winner... Readers will laugh out loud as they rush to turn the pages.”
- RT Book Reviews
“[Shalvis] has quickly become one of my go-to authors of contemporary romance. Her writing is smart, fun, and sexy, and her books never fail to leave a smile on my face long after I've closed the last page . . . one of my very favorite series of all time . . . Jill Shalvis is an author not to be missed!”
“Jill Shalvis is such a talented author that she brings to life characters who make you laugh, cry, and are a joy to read.”
“What I love about Jill Shalvis's books is that she writes sexy, adorable heroes . . . the sexual tension is out of this world. And of course, in true Shalvis fashion, she expertly mixes in humor that has you laughing out loud.”
“I read most of it with a big fat grin on my face. What can be more fun than watching Lucky Harbor's goody-two-shoes decide to stop playing it safe and begin to walk on the wild side?”
“I always enjoy reading a Jill Shalvis book. She's a consistently elegant, bold, clever writer . . . Very wittyâ€”I laughed out loud countless times and these scenes are sizzling.”
- All About Romance (LikesBooks.com)
“Whenever I'm looking for a romance to chase away the worries of life, all I have to do is pick up a Jill Shalvis book. Once again she has worked her magic with the totally entertaining Lucky in Love.”
“[A] winning roller-coaster ride . . . [a] touching, character-rich, laughter-laced, knockout sizzler.”
- Library Journal (starred review)
“Healthy doses of humor, lust, and love work their magic as Shalvis tells a story . . . Wit, smoking-hot passion, and endearing tenderness . . . a big winner.”
- Publishers Weekly
“A Perfect 10! Once again Jill Shalvis provides readers with a sexy, funny, hot tale.”
“Witty, fun, and the characters are fabulous.”
“Jill Shalvis does not disappoint . . . A rollicking good time.”
“Hot, sweet, fun, and romantic! Pure pleasure!”
- Robyn Carr, New York Times bestselling author
“This often hilarious novel has a few serious surprises, resulting in a delightfully satisfying story.”